Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: free YAOI translation sites!

  1. #1
    Inactive Member itsuki's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 30th, 2002
    Posts
    64
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    HI there, itsuki again with another problem...

    I just bought another japanese yaoi from ebay.. this time its Haru wo daite ita vol.1,2,3 for 13 something bucks Cheap huh? ANYWAY, i can't read japanese so i m just gawking at the nice sex scenes and reading as much kanji as possible, does anyone know any good free yaoi translation sites taht offers it?

    I can only find one taht needs me to pay 3 bucks.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Risu-chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 10th, 2003
    Posts
    659
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    For Pete's sake, pay the three bucks.

    It's not like they're asking a fortune in return for all the hours spent working on their translations... >.<

    Speaking as a translator, I work two ways. If I do it for nothing, then it had darned well better be something *I* want to read. If it's something I don't want to read, someone had better pay me to do it.

    I've put a lot of work into learning this language and I resent the idea that people think that effort's worthless.

    I resent the idea that anyone who wants something translated should be able to get a translation without providing the translator with *either* something they're interested in *or* money to compensate for the work and care put into it...

    I'm a professional writer. People pay me to do networking documentation because I don't love it enough to do it on my own. People don't have to pay me to do fanfic because I do love it enough that I'm happy doing it whether or not someone pays. But nobody gets to give me an assignment I don't particularly want and get it done for free...

    Just pay them the three bucks already. >.<

    $.02.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member itsuki's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 30th, 2002
    Posts
    64
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Gosh i m not being cheap or nething, its just i can't mail anything out at the momment!! And it takes alot of time before I can read the translations and i want to read the manga ASAP. I know translating is a pain in the bum too, I've translated manga for fun for various groups but I also have a side job translating chinese documents into english. And trust me honey, its not fun and when one of your boss is your father, don't expect to get paid while other people take your credit.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Anime Goddess's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 22nd, 2003
    Posts
    237
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Well since we are on the subject of bying Yaoi I was just woundering if anyone knew where I could by it in english?? I have looked around and I can't seem to find any?

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Reikou Hitakana's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 10th, 2003
    Posts
    233
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hate to say it but I doubt there's much in the way of yaoi thats been translated and released in the US. Keep in mind that your average manga reader considers the manga in releases like Shounen Jump to be of the utmost quality. I'm personally not familiar with any yaoi releases in America though I'm sure there might be a few.

    -Reikou

  6. #6
    Inactive Member silveruby's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    1
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    There is Fake, Gravitation, and PoH coming out in the summer. Other than that, it's negative...
    Anyway, does anyone know where I can get Chinese translated verison of Love Mode online? There are two stores I found so far but they only have it up to Vol.5... or does this mean that only 5 vols had been translated into Chinese so far?

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Anime Goddess's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 22nd, 2003
    Posts
    237
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Well that kinda sucks >.< Cause if the US ain't going to get it I am pretty sure Canada won't. And I live in a small town so that kinda makes it worse. Well would anyone know of any websites that might be of help?? I mean even if they aren't in English I could still look at the nice pictures...Although I would perfer english but I would rather perfer something then nothing ^^

  8. #8
    Inactive Member rev.tsukiyama's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 27th, 2002
    Posts
    273
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Animaxis.com and aestheticsm.com are my first choices for buying online.

    Risu-chan. I see where you're coming from. I often find that magazines etc assume I'll be so happy to get articles printed, I won't want paying. Yeah, right.

    Some people translate stuff for free online because it's instant content and a traffic generator. That's done by otaku. Then you get translation businesses, which are out to make a profit and give professional quality work. Personally, I'd never think of taking a book to them and asking for help reading it. I just wouldnt have the nerve.

    As for english language manga, I live in the UK and I just pay the massive shipping costs or wait till I can afford a plane ticket and got get the books myself. I like my manga raw and unadulterated, I just dont trust some US publishing company to give me an accurate translation, if indeed they were releasing the sort of thing I wanted to read. As Reikou points out, the industry hasnt caugt on to the fact that it's market does not consist solely of 14 year old males. The're starting to release some stuff for the girls, but I'm worried that america will balk at the sort of plotlines that are acceptable in japan. Shota, non-con, Rori etc

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •